The Town of Essex will be holding it’s
FALL (SPECIAL) TOWN MEETING
Monday NOVEMBER 13, 2017 at 7:30 p.m.
at the Essex Elementary School, 12 Story Street.
The last day to register to vote in order to participate in this electoral event is Friday, November 3, 2017.
The Board of Registrars will be holding a voter registration session on November 3rd from 9am-8pm.
Please contact the Town Clerk at 978-768-7111 or the Board of Selectmen at 978-768-6531 with questions.
DANG!! Didn't make it to Town Hall?? Pay online!!
Birth Certificate | Boat Excise Tax | Death Certificate | Motor Vehicle Excise | Marriage Certificate | Personal Property | Parking Ticket | Real Estate | Resident Stickers | Transfer Station | Water / Sewer
The Town of Essex Clerk’s office, being a gateway into the community, has a goal to provide exceptional service to the public. The Town Clerk serves as guardian to vital records (births, marriages and deaths) occurring in the Town as well as valuable municipal records.
The Town Clerk is responsible for overseeing and maintaining accurate systems for the duties set forth in the Town Bylaws, Massachusetts General Laws and any other tasks assigned to this office that assist in continuing the smooth operation and furthering the beautification, safety and vitality of this community.
Other duties of this office include:
- Planning and posting Town Meetings, management, recording minutes and sending Bylaw changes to the Attorney Generals office for review and approval.
- All public meeting notices, postings and agendas of local boards and committees.
- Essex Shellfish Licenses (Clams, Sea Worms and Eels).
-Issuance and maintenance of records for Business Certificates (necessary for businesses operating in town under a d/b/a).
- Dog license registration.
-Maintenance of Voter Lists and Registrations.
-Planning and managing elections and certifying poll results.
-Maintenance of Census files.
-Administration and records of oaths of office to town officials.
- The Town Clerk also serves as that Parking Clerk and handles the processing and appeals of all violations.
- Processing and appeal of non-criminal dispositions (bylaw and other civil violations).
We welcome you to contact our office or stop in for further information.