Effective July 1, 2010, the Division of Open Government, a subsidiary of the Attorney General's Office, became the governing body responsible for ensuring that all government meetings are done openly to the public. Please check back frequently as the Division of Open Government is constantly updating this law.
Important things to note:
- Meeting postings must include the time, location and items expected to be discussed (agenda).
- Meetings must be posted with the Office of the Town Clerk within 48 hours of the meeting time. The 48 hour time frame does not include Saturdays, Sundays or other legal holidays where Town Hall is closed.
- Whereas Town Hall is closed to the public on Fridays, meetings posted on Fridays can not count Friday into the 48 hour time frame (ie, if a meeting is posted on Friday then the meeting can be no sooner than the following Wednesday). If the meeting is posted prior to Friday then the Friday hours may be included (ie, a Monday meeting may be posted on Thursday).
- If you are submitting the posting and it is within 4 hours of the 48 hour deadline, please call the Clerk to ensure it is posted ASAP.
- Please expect a confirmation receipt email from the Clerk. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please call the Clerk to ensure it has been received.
- The Town Clerk may accept meeting postings via fax, email, mail or via the link below.